KITE Music warmly welcomes the acclaimed Stamatis Eftstathiou (director & researcher, performer’s trainer, performer and writer) from Atropos Theatre for a rare Theatre of Connection introductory Workshop, under the title “Transformations of Energy”. The workshop is addressed to professional and amateur actors and performers who are interested in anthropological theatre, in Butoh dance, in spiritual and in sacred traditions, and in voice and singing –all aspects that concern Atropos’s central focus of research and practice.
Content- guide lines of the workshop
• Warming up and research on energy and technique
• Organic song and research of voice and body landscapes
• Old song(s) and chant(s) from different world traditions
• Embodiment of text and song
• Preparation and connection of impros through ritual processes
• Individual and group action. Focus in the interconnection between chorus and protagonist(s)
• Organic and guided improvisations
*** The participants will have already at the beginning of the work to know by heart a short text – not necessarily theatrical – and one traditional song, no matter their topic.
Date: 11 & 12 June 2017
Time: 11:00 – 17:00
Place: The Nursery Theatre, London Bridge
Cost (12 hours): £80, £60 concessions. Early Bird offer £70 and £50 concessions if booked before 11 May 2017.
Places are limited pease pay £30 deposit to secure your place to:
Account no: 21340260
Sort Code: 77-91-38
For registration please contact Maria Yerosimou, at [email protected] and 07963122510
You can find more information regarding Theatre of Connection and Stamatis Efstathiou in ATROPOS’s website http://atropostheatre.blogspot.gr/ and in the texts below.