The fifth annual Reload Greece conference, rebranded RG Connect18, will bring together a vibrant international community of entrepreneurs, investors, academics and policy makers to share inspirational ideas and help shape the future of entrepreneurship. This year’s Reload Greece conference ‘Where Challenges Meet Solvers‘ will address how challenges caused by the economic crisis are being overcome by individuals and institutions that have adopted a ‘solver’ approach.
The one-day conference, to be held in Prince Philip House, London on Saturday 6th October 2018, will explore what practical steps can be taken to nurture homegrown talent and harness the energy that has been injected into the Greek economy with the advent of the EquiFund, one of the European Investment Fund’s largest investments in Europe. Nine funds have been appointed to deploy 400€ million into Greek start-ups over the next five years and throughout the day at RG Connect18 the discussion will focus on which policy actions, academic support and institutional frameworks need to be put in place to ensure that this opportunity is maximised. Reload Greece is pleased to announce that several funds dealing with early stage start-ups are speaking and exhibiting at RG Connect18.
With 40 international speakers across three content streams ‘Connect, Learn and Inspire’, RG Connect will feature a broad range of sessions including inspiring keynotes, practical workshops, thought provoking panel discussions and valuable opportunities for one to one interaction. The eventwill also offer an exceptional opportunity for the startup community to connect with investors, mentors and other entrepreneurs and to grow their networks.
The developing list of speakers includes:
• Renee Elliot, Founder, Planet Organic and Co-Founder, Beluga Bean
• James A. Robinson, Professor, University of Chicago and Co-Author of ‘Why Nations Fail’
• Manolis Manassakis, GM, Uber Greece
• Maria Shiao, Business Angel & Advisor
• Chysanthos Chrysanthou, Partner, Kindred Capital
• Niko Bonatsos, Managing Director, General Catalyst
• Ella Goldner, Co-Founder & GM, Zinc
• Professor Francisco Veloso, Dean, Imperial College Business School
• Michael Tsamaz, Chairman & CEO, OTE Group
• George Chouliarakis, Alternate Minister of Finance in Greece, Chairman Council of Economic Advisors
• Marina Satti, Artist
• Christos L. Stamatis, CEO, Stevia
• Dimitris Papastergiou, Mayor of Trikala, Greece
• George Kyvernitis, Vice President, Kyvernitis Travel
Ten Reload Greece alumni start-ups will be exhibiting and presenting their businesses and a‘Cultural Hacks’ space will showcase how young innovators in Arts, Fashion and Design are conveying their ideas for solving the practical, theoretical and cultural challenges being faced by their industries, audiences and countries. To showcase how young filmmakers are challenging perceptions and making their voices heard, Reload Greece is pleased to announce a partnership with the Thessaloniki International Short Film Festival and present a co-curated programme of short films from their 2018 lineup, which center on the themes of RG Connect18.
Prince Philip House
3 Carlton House Terrace
London, SW1Y 5DG